Tuesday, May 11, 2004

What I do and where I do it

http://www.schwartz-pr.com

I've been with Schwartz Communications for almost 5 years

My daily life consists of working with companies to identify, create and manage opportunities to get the media interested in what they are doing.

Attaching what they are doing to current market/technology or workplace trends or creating something new for the media to run with is an important part of my job. I'm always trying to figure out the "back story" of news and events to help my clients navigate through their marketing communications actions.

Writing press releases and other marketing materials is part of the job, but the real work is behind the scenes developing relationships with reporters who trust (and therefore repsond) to what I am telling them.

I've worked on technologies such as XML and Web services for eXcelon, CRM and BPM for Applix, video over DSL for mPhase Technologies, human resource self-service applications for Authoria, network performance management for NetScout, compliance management for IBS and embedded intelligence technology for Questra. Key placements include USA Today, Investor's Business Daily, BusinessWeek, Business 2.0, Computerworld, CFO Magazine, Field Force Automation, InformationWeek, PC Magazine, CIO Magazine and many other national and local publications

No comments: